Saturday, November 05, 2005

Ahh...the luxerious life of a beagle. I am writing from my bed after a day in hound-dog heaven. It all started yesterday when John promised me a walk at the dog park. I was so excited, I couldn't believe he was going to take me with that leg and everything, but into the car we went. Just when I couldn't take it anymore we arrived at the park and I bounded in. No sooner had John let me off my leash when I heard him calling me back. I was devistated! Aparently DuPage county now requires a permit to use the dog parks which costs $35 which we didn't have. I think that is a rediculious idea and I felt even more strongly when I found out that if my best friend Sister ever wanted to come along her permit would be $100. Outrageous! I can't believe they will charge me that much to smell their lawn, I mean...

Okay I am getting carried away there, but I was upset. I came home and was so depressed that today my mommie and John and Jen decided to take me to the woods. It was marvelous. We walked around for a few hours and twice out of the corner of my eye I spotted some scruffy looking men in the distance drinking beers. Both times I ran over to them as fast as I could to say hi. Jen had to come get me to tell me we were moving on both times and I can't imagine why, but she didn't seem to happy to meet my new friends.

Probably the most exciting part of the day was when Jen and I paused to let the others catch up with us and we heard something rustling in the woods right next to us, I started to point but was rudely interrupted by Jen putting my leash on. Turns out it was a Coyote but I wasn't scared, I just wanted to play.

Then we went home and I ate a burger and fell asleep. A wonderful day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sister said...

I am curious what our tax dollars are for? I can understand the argument that non dog owner's should not pay for dog parks. But by that logic, people who have no children should not pay for playgrounds in parks. This stinks of double taxation. I am going to look into this. This can't be constitutional.

3:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home